Monday, May 19, 2014

photo dump of my favorite baby and Happy Monday!

It's Monday!
For me, Monday feels like every other day.  No matter what day of the week it may be, I am still in bed by 9pm and usually awake by 6am.
But, Monday still indicates the start of a new week.
 (actually, that would be Sunday, but Monday always felt more appropriate)

Little man struggled with teething a few days last week (but, still nothing to show for all the fussing) and a serious lack of appetite.
I was a bit of a wreck trying to get him to nurse.  
Strangely, he has been sleeping great!  Nearly 12 hours at night and his first night sleeping completely through the night with no feedings.  His naps are even getting better.

He is getting cuter by the day and more and more vocal!
This baby likes to talk (and scream).










My goal for the week is to get out jogging with him at least a few times.
Such a simple goal, and something I always feel great about once I'm finished-
but, getting out the door is always so much work.
Plus, it's been pretty warm up in northern California, so I'll have to get moving early.

Any mama's out there have any other recommendations for exercises with a baby- or exercise at home?
I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I have no muscle and feel weak.
I also eat like it's my job and need something to burn that extra energy.

Speaking of food-
I spiralized zucchini last night.  We ate it with tomato pasta sauce with mushroom, onion and ground turkey (and, of course, loads of cheese).  
I am in love.
So much better than real pasta noodles!!!
If I can get my act together, i'll post the recipe.  It really is that good.  And, I didn't feel stuffed afterwards.










I have also been working on my Around the World travel board on Pinterest and actually trying to do it in order by location.  
pro- I'm learning my geography.
con- my travel bucket list basically includes every country in the World and has really made me itch to travel again.

I can't complain, however- we will be traveling with the babe to Hawaii in July for 6 nights. 
I will need some tips and advice on how to make this little adventure a success with an 8 month old- 
our trip to southern California last week left me sleepless for three nights and brought back the horror of those newborn days.

Side note- this may be my new favorite blog.  Not sure how "new" it is, but it's new to me and she makes me laugh.

Well, that's all the random I have for this morning!
I hope you all have a fantastic Monday!


On Octavian-
"Ladies Love Me" tee- finomenon kids
Chevron leggings- little hip squeaks

On Me-
White tee- Victoria Secret (what's your favorite white tee???)
Boyfriend Jeans- Old Navy
Sandals- Birkenstock (omg, I loveeee)
Pin It!

1 comment:

cynthia said...

He is really so adorable! Love all his hair! I have no tips for traveling... I have not tried anything more than a 3 hour car trip in the past year, and even that was a bit rough. haha Good luck! Once you get to Hawaii it will be worth it, I'm sure. :)