Thursday, March 6, 2014

The day that changed my life forever

One year ago today yesterday, I took a little test that would change my life forever...


After months of trying, my wish came true,
and now March 5th will forever be one of my favorite days of the year.

I remember taking one of those cheap Dollar Store pregnancy tests expecting to see just one little lone blue line.  The same lonely line that I had seen over and over in months past.  Mentally, I had stopped trying to get pregnant-  Emotionally, the waiting game had become too painful.
I took the test and saw the faintest little second line- my heart nearly burst through my chest.
Was I imagining it?
I slowly walked out to the living room where Aaron sat and said with a shaking voice,
"So, ummm, does this look like a second line to you?"
I was so scared my eyes were playing tricks on me I thought I was going to throw up.
A smile spread across his face from ear to ear even before he took a look.
Thankfully, he saw the line too
...but, it was so faint.  Was I really pregnant?
My first thought was to call my mom, so that's what I did.
(I may have also gone on google and typed in "faint line pregnant")
My Mom said it sounded like I could be pregnant, but to be sure take another test the next morning.
After the longest night of my life, I had my proof in plain writing,
"pregnant"

I was overjoyed.

Looking back at this picture, it boggles my mind that the little boy I now hold in my arms was just a speck of cells.  I don't know how I got so lucky to be his Mom.  I couldn't have dreamed up a more perfect, healthy and handsome little person.

Thank you Biology for giving me the baby of my dreams.

20 week sonogram

Pin It!

1 comment:

cynthia said...

Oh, I wish I had remembered what day I took my test! I know it was early-mid January but I've apparently deleted the picture of the test. :(
Good job documenting, Mama!