Thursday, February 13, 2014

February 13, 2014

It's been a long time since I posted on this blog of mine.
Even before I got pregnant I was slacking.
Then I started growing a small person inside of me and I really got lazy.
Since welcoming Octavian over three months ago, I've thought about blogging often,
but now, instead of laziness, it's distraction in the form of a beautiful blonde haired, blue eyed little boy that keeps me from blogging.

I miss it.
and feel really guilty that I have not been better at recording precious moments of his first few months,
and of the 9 months I experienced him grow inside me.

Like I've said before, 
I'm really going to work on being a more consistent blogger.
Mostly for me, but also for my little man I love so much.
Even if it's just a sentence and photo of the days' activity,
it needs to be done.

I hope all of you out there are happy and well.
Obviously, this blog has shifted from travel and food to mommy and baby.
For those interested, I hope you'll stick around.
Who knows how often or how long i'll continue to blog.
I know it won't always be about mommy adventures,
after all, my future still holds many adventures in this world and in my kitchen,
but first, I need to get more comfortable leaving the house outside of his feeding schedule.

Since I only have about 2 minutes before he wakes up from his ridiculously short nap,
I will end this post saying this:
being a mom is hard.
holy crap it's the hardest thing I've ever done,
and I do it every.single.day.
but, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
I may have a jiggly stomach, little time to chew my food (let alone shower),
and days filled with constant self doubt that i'm doing things wrong.
but, it's been the most exciting and amazing three months of my life.
Watching my little boy discover the world is a feeling I will never take for granted.
His smiles and cuddles melt my heart.

Simply put, life is good.




I also joined Instagram!
Find me @jesbailey722

Finally, if you're new here, leave me a link with your blog!
I am looking for new blogs to follow :)
Pin It!

7 comments:

Justine said...

So happy to see you blogging again! Your son is beautiful, isn't it crazy how blogging has become such a great way to document and share? Hope you blog more often! xx- Justine (formerly viva la jussie if you remember!)

Alex said...

What a beautiful little bear :) Looking forward to reading your stuff again!!

Megan C. Stroup said...

Welcome back! I'm excited to follow your blog in this new direction. :)

http://megancstroup.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Aaahh its so good to see you back! What a strange thing for a stranger to say - but I have been popping by every now and then to see if you were back -- and now you are! -- massive congratulations on your gorgeous bundle - i look forward to seeing what your blog becomes now you are a mum!! xxx

B said...

welcome back! so glad to hear things are going well for you :)

cynthia said...

I went through the exact same thing and am feeling the same way now... "I should be documenting his life!" My son is 9 months and I just recently got back into blogging (only once a week) with a weekly picture of him. It's the best I can do for now with working and mommy hood, but it's something! :)
http://livinginneverland-sandiego.blogspot.com/

Beate said...

Welcome back and congratulations on your beautiful family. Your son is so incredibly cute and you look very, very happy. So good to hear from you again!