Thursday, July 11, 2013

23 weeks

oh yeah, see those shorts- I never take them off.


How far along? 23 weeks, 5 days (photo taken 3 days ago)
Size of baby?  Grapefruit. Baby is just over a pound.
Weight Gain?  At my 20 weeks appointment, I had gained 9 pounds. Almost a month later, i'm going to guess i'm close to the 14 pound mark.
Sleep?  Different every night.  I had one really amazing night sleep this week.  Every other night i've tossed and turned a lot.  Not to mention the 4-6 potty breaks.  However, I did invest in the Snoogle body pillow here and it's amazing!
Best Moment of the Week?  Feeling baby move around while cooking dinner.  Up until this point, I only felt baby dance when I was sitting and laying.  
Miss Anything?  Cool weather.  No, the weather is not my pregnancy's fault, however, spending more than 30 seconds outside is miserable.  Other than that, I just really miss coffee.  
Movement?  oh yes. some days more than others, but currently baby is moving all.the.time.
Food Cravings?  Nothing crazy.  I had a few days where all I wanted was chicken.  The other night I wanted vanilla ice cream.  Also fantasizing about chocolate cake- good thing my birthday is coming up!  We ate kangaroo tacos last night which really hit the spot.  In general, food either tastes a million times better, or does nothing for me at all.
Note: since being pregnant, I have decided to start eating meat again- clearly, this includes kangaroo.  For some, this may be a bit taboo, but it is actually much more environmentally friendly than cow meat and is quite lean.
Gender?  We have decided to keep the gender a surprise!
Exercise?  Well, the treadmill in our apartment complex broke, and has stayed that way for nearly a month.  I will get on the elliptical on occasion, but I mostly try to take six 10 minute walks a day.  It's been too hot outside to do much more.  I am not an early riser, so getting up before it gets too hot just isn't an option- it is the last time i'll be sleeping in for a while, after all.  I try to do squats as much as possible, but my knee has been acting up.  Basically, i'm a mess and I feel like an 80-year-old lady.
Symptoms?   Sleepy. Headaches have subsided, thank goodness.  My abdominal muscles feel like they are slowly be stretched and torn apart- seriously, seriously uncomfortable and sometimes quite painful.  Some indigestion and sleeping difficulty.
Belly Button In or Out? In. 
Looking forward to?  Hopefully moving next month!
Next Appointment?  Next week! 
Pin It!

6 comments:

Ana said...

I didn't know that you could eat kangaroo. I'll have to try it sometime!

You look cute as always :)

Sarah Alway said...

I had no idea people ate kangaroo! Interesting! You are looking absolutely gorgeous, how exciting it must be to feel the baby move!

Sarah @ Life As Always

Erinn C.D. said...

gah! For some reason I thought you had stopped blogging and I totally lost track of your blog. Congratulations on the baby! That is so exciting!!
I'm definitely going to be getting caught up on your adventures!

--Erinn

Kate Mossy said...

I love that you are keeping it a surprise! There are only so many good surprises in life. You look lovely!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Goodness! I'm coming back from a blog break; so I'm just learning about your pregnancy! Congratulations!
My little guy is two months old! It's so amazing!!! You are going to be a great momma! :)

Danielle Carroll said...

You look so cute! (and tiny) Hope I'm that cute when I make it to 23 weeks ;)