Thursday, December 20, 2012

Superstition and thoughts on life, death, children and cheese

warning: this is post of ramblings.  the kind of things floating around in my head right now.

via

I'm a pretty superstitious person, unfortunately.
For a long time, I would avoid cracks in the sidewalk, 
and worry every time I would spill some salt.
I mean, my poor mother! And, really, I did not need years of bad luck.
don't even get me started on how many times i've "knocked on wood", 
or made a wish going through tunnels-
and, how can I fail to mention 11:11.
I can't help it, i'm a sucker for these wives (or is it wise?) tales.

You can imagine how I feel today,
the day before the Mayans predict the world would end.
For years, i've done a mental countdown to this very moment in time.
will the world actually end?
yes.
no.
who really knows.
or does someone know out there, but isn't sharing with the rest of us.

Either way, if tomorrow is the end, then so be it.
I feel I have lived a very blessed life.
I have seen, done, experienced, challenged, and adventured.
I am, however, interested and slightly horrified to see what the world will be like 100 years from now-
there already are 7.2 billion people,
and i've seen predictions that the population will reach between 10-15 billion my the end of the century.
All I will says about this is, scary-
yes for man, but more for nature.

To be super hypocritical, because I know, it is-
my biggest sadness should I die tomorrow, is not having children.
or, one child, since i'll probably stop at one and adopt the rest.
but honestly, to be a mom is what I was put on this earth to do.
To be taken before I can make this happen would just suck.

This, and, I hope it happens fast.  I mean, that would be ideal.
And, I would definitely regret spending so much of my life worrying about trivial things like weight.
how stupid.
If only I could remember this and carry it with me should my days continue past tomorrow.
Probably not.
But, I already plan on making my last supper one of my favorites, mac n cheese with a side of beets and asparagus.
ah, cheese.  I hope there is a lot of cheese wherever I go in the afterlife.

what are your thoughts on the predicted apocalypse?
What would you miss most?

For all of us, let's hope the Mayans were very very wrong.
with that said, however, we should also start to think of what we need to do to keep our World habitable for not just man, but all other creatures,
big and small.
what can we do to make Earth a better place for everything.

Honestly, I have no doubt that man will survive.
It is not man that I worry about, it is everything else.
sure, I don't like the prospect of death.
not because of death itself, but more the mystery of how and when I will go.
death is scary, ugly, mean, and sad.
but, I also know that everything will die eventually.

I guess what i'm trying to say is this-
death is a part of life.  there is no escaping it.
but while we are living, it is our duty to protect ALL living creatures.

I am going to end this tangent now,
mostly out of the fear that I offend someone, or that my words be twisted-
but, of course, interpret as you will.
Pin It!

13 comments:

Rebecca @ Frugal Fashion Mommy said...

I really hope they are wrong! And if they are, I think that means you need to get on the baby making wagon ASAP! Haha. I love your blog by the way =)

Svenja said...

Hi,

I believe that the Mayas did not mean that the world ends literally, but that it maybe ends as we know it. That after 21/12/12 the consciousness will slowly shift -- towards the better, that people become more sensitive for things, people, nature around them, learn to put the ego at side and act out of love and compassion, and follow their hearts more, something like that...

If I'd believe the world would end, I would miss everything what has been given to me to explore and cherish the world we live on.

Love,
Svenja
xx

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

The world is not over yay!!! Now you can focus on having babies. :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

In utero repair of cleft lips and palates is on the horizon.. [url=http://www.fillerobe.com]canada goose jacket[/url] The 56-year-old accidentally tweeted a picture of her nipples to 2 million followers! The momager wanted to show off her sexy Wonder Woman Halloween costume for all of her Twitter followers over the weekend, but instead she gave them an accidental peep show. [url=http://www.saclongchampsparis.fr]Maroquinerie Longchamp[/url] Gwiqbiipz
[url=http://www.jacketstorontoonsale.com]canada goose expedition[/url] Aqaiodkvw [url=http://www.louboutinstoreuk.co.uk]christian louboutin outlet[/url] govgmkhrl [url=http://www.cheapcanadagooseparkas.ca]canada goose vest[/url]

Sean Marie said...

Hi there, super weird comment above me. Anyway, stumbled across your blog and really like it. I hope you get to become a mom when you're ready. Children are a huge blessing! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Berufe,Guild Wars 2 Gold, Raiding, Leveling, Berufe, Leistungen und Plaudern. Vielleicht wirst du müde die gleichen Dinge tun Alltag: Raiding, Battleground und Landwirtschaft. Einige Leute dachten auch Ideen für die Zukunft Freizeitaktivitäten, einige von denen sind wirklich gut. Es gibt viele Möglichkeiten, um guild wars 2 kaufen zu machen. Wie Quests, in denen niedrige AH kaufen und teuer zu verkaufen, und so weiter. Es ist ziemlich einfach und macht Spaß. Wenn die Leute gedacht ist der Preis zu hoch ist, dann wird der Preis fallen, weil jemand es für niedrigere Preise bringen, und es wird gekauft, die Auktion Plakat wird stornieren oder weiterverkaufen zu einem guild wars 2 cd key niedrigeren Preis zu bekommen.

Anonymous said...

cheap nike air max ccntrkff cheap nike free run tnmwrgpz cheap nike shoes yjkytagh nike air max dgszzydu nike free run vvdqnely nike shoes online ovfjxyqi

Anonymous said...

longchamp udfqouwy longchamp sale mfwniefu longchamp bags gdfcyxwy longchamp uk zbxmwqsg longchamp bags uk gbmtpgwr

Anonymous said...

ugg hczspdlb ugg baratas ikqppckz botas ugg xkyesjks ugg australia orlbikmw ugg espa?a xuylsmjt

3fstreet said...

nice blog!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue with your site in internet explorer, could check this?

IE still is the marketplace leader and a good section of people will omit your great writing because of this
problem.

My blog post ... louboutin boots
my webpage - louboutin boots

Anonymous said...

Touche. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the good spirit.


my web blog cheap oakleys

Anonymous said...

thanks for share.