Monday, November 5, 2012

weekend review and random thoughts




This weekend, the fiance and I went to SF for a friends surprise bday party.
Lucky for us, the weather in all of northern California has been gorgeous the past few days,
though highly unseasonable for early November.
The beautiful weather prompted us to take the longer route to the city, 
so that I could get some photos of the lovely Golden Gate Bridge.
Despite my enthusiasm for taking photos,
pictures of the bridge were all I captured of the weekend.
my bad.
Saturday night was spent taking over a tiny sushi restaurant with far too many birthday celebrators for the small space and lack of tables,
crowding into packed, smelly, boisterous bars,
and observing drunkin tomfoolery from sober eyes.
Despite my sober state, and first time out in an actual bar for many many months,
I enjoyed myself.
I saw many people I hadn't seen in several years,
and had a flashback to college years.
good people. good times.

I will say this-
I can not party like I used to.
Honestly, I have no idea what's happened to me.
I was, not too long ago, the first to call shots,
and the first to have too many.
And now, I can hardly finish one beer before calling it a night.
In some ways, it makes me sad.
Am I really that boring now? 
probably.

The thing is, I don't really want to be the crazy idiot I used to be.
I don't want to be the center of attention anymore-
usually in such a negative way, I wondered why anyone would ever want to hang out with me again.
I am content these days as the quiet, sober person.
who knows, this may change again in the years to come,
but for now, probably not.

I drove the fiance and I home to Sacramento at 2am,
woke up in my own bed,
not hungover.



The rest of my weekend was spent applying for jobs,
pinning too much on pinterest,
and watching secret life of an  american teenager- honestly one of the worst shows i've ever watched, but can't seem to stop.


How was your weekend?
Pin It!

9 comments:

Sarah and Stewart said...

I absolutely love SF, it's one of my favorite cities.

bailey j said...

I can't wait to see SF! I'm living in Sacramento right now it would be cool if we got to meet up sometime!

Tiffany said...

LOOOOOOVE these shots! I am a bay area girl, not too far from the City, so this is a great capture of my home. Beautiful!

Krystal said...

beautiful pictures!! Makes me miss san fran!

Mrs.B said...

pretty pictures!!

I want to visit San Fran so bad!
Sounds like a nice night.

I totally feel ya on the whole not being able to party thing.

Jenna said...

I seriously love San Fran... it's probably my favorite city in the US. I know the feeling of losing your craziness, I also used to be the life of the party, but I can feel the urge slipping away, ha! The hangovers just aren't worth it anymore ;)

xxx
Jenna

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

I'm off to San Fran on Thursday, your pics are gorgeous!

Alexandra Dowdy said...

so happy i stumbled upon your blog! my fiancé and i just got back from doing our engagement photos in SanFran! sweet coincidence<3

stalk away ;)
http://lovekenyon.blogspot.com/

Serena said...

I am impressed... at almost 30 I have yet to figure out how to not to be hungover on most weekends. I live in San Francisco and it's just such a big drinking city. I don't mind, but the older I get the worse my hangovers get, and ugh, it's not so fun.

And your pics are incredible!