Monday, August 20, 2012

It's official, i'm back

Despite my absence from blog land,
I have popped my head in here-and-there to keep up with your lives.
Getting internet up and running in our apartment has been an issue,
and for nearly two weeks, our only access to the world wide web was via the internet we were stealing from a neighbor- 

helpful tip
always password protect your internet.  You never know who comcast is screwing over.

Over the past few weeks,
I've given a lot of thought to this blog of mine-
the direction I want it to take.
after all, after I moved to Germany,
it transitioned into a travel log,
a space for me to share my adventures while living in a different country.

but, now i'm home.
and, while I still have many stories and pictures to share,
it will no longer be the basis for this blog.
 unfortunately.
honestly, this will not be easy for me.
 travel is my passion...
my obsession.
sharing my adventures with you was always a highlight of my day.

but, from this point on, 
my blog will be about a bunch of everything.
recipes, photos, inspiration, stories, fashion, and, of course, travel.
There will hopefully be a little something for everyone.

my apologies, again, for my absence the past few weeks.
although life without reliable internet has been a pain in my behind,
i'm also a little thankful.
It provided me with an opportunity to take a little break,
focus on other things, 
and, more than anything, close a chapter in my life that I will never forget.

Time to move on, and move forward.

via


finally, I would like to invite you all to head over to Halley's blog and read the first post kicking off a new blog travel series called, Conquer YOUR World.
Today, Sarah Von is writing about how to travel safe as a single female traveler.
Look for new posts in this series on Monday and Thursday for the next 5 weeks.
I will be posting next monday on life after traveling.

So, there you have it.
i'm back, and it feels great!
Hope all of you have a very happy Monday!

Pin It!

11 comments:

Emily said...

Welcome back! It's got to be hard transitioning into a "normal" life ... but then again, you never know where life will take you :)

Hannah said...

glad to hear that you're back into the blogging world! i am definitly super duper excited about the thing your going to share about inspirations, recipes and other cool and great stuff.
Can't wait!

Alyx said...

You should definitely not apologize for being gone. You're allowed to have a life and enjoy your time with the fiance !
Welcome back!

Ana F. said...

Welcome back! Missed your posts (I may not always comment, but I always read!). We'll have to get together next time I'm headed your way :)

Halley said...

Welcome back and I can NOT wait to read your post.

Sarah and Stewart said...

Welcome back! :-)

Alex Butts said...

Glad you're back, I've missed yo bad self!

Jamie said...

Welcome back! I hope you get your internet up and running quickly, that is always one of the most painful parts of any move.

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Welcome back! I, too, was MIA from the blog world for a little while. It's nice to take a little break sometimes. It gives me a fresh perspective!

I have loved reading about your travels...but I'm sure as your blog shifts I'll be just as interested in your general musings at life. :)

Ashlee Christopher said...

What a fun blog!! SOOOOoo nice to meet you :). Thank you for sharing!
xox
Ash
http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

Sally Sargeant said...

Thinking of you friend and hoping that life starts to feel a little more comfy now you are back state side :) Sally xoxo