Tuesday, July 24, 2012

surprise!

i'm home!

and once again reunited with these two...


things got a little crazy the past few weeks.
mostly, the craziness was all in my own head,
since I just wanted to be home.
and the appeal of traveling for a couple weeks before returning died quickly.
i missed the fiance too much,
and, if i'm being honest, i really didn't want to spend anymore money.
while i know how to travel on a budget,
money is money,
and i need what I have left.

so, i flew home on sunday,
my 26th birthday,
and was met by my other half and two loving fur babies.
and was surprised by a vegan chocolate cake-
the fiance knows me so well.

home has never felt so good.

now that i am back to reality,
i will have to start looking for a job.
honestly, i have no idea what to do?
what jobs, aside from research, are out there for someone with a bachelor's in biology?
anyone in the sacramento area know of anyone hiring?

stress of job and money aside,
i am so happy to be back.
i will miss parts of germany, of course,
but, i know it was time for me to say goodbye.
it was an experience i will never forget.

no regrets. 

Pin It!

19 comments:

Milynn luong said...

Happy belated birthday and welcome back home! There's nothing like being at home for real comfort, huh? :)

My boyfriend is in the same predicament as far as what to do with a degree in science. But good luck, I hope something will open up for you!

Casey said...

Ahh home already?! Well, I'm so happy you followed your heart and did something just for you! Kudos!! I'm sure Germany will miss you! I'll hold down the fort here while you're gone. :)

Sarah and Stewart said...

Welcome home and happy birthday!

Kirsten Wiemer said...

welcome home. those two are just the cutest!

K

kirstenandryanwiemer.blogspot.com

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

Welcome home :o)

Lyndsy said...

Aww! I'm so glad you are home! I'm feeling the same way! Can't wait to be back in Arizona in 4 more days. =) Happy belated birthday and good luck on the job hunt!

Svenja said...

Happy belated birthday!

I can understand you so well, home is where happy memories grow... And if those happy ones are the minority --f or whatever reason, it is wise to change it... I did the same. I returned last month from the Netherlands -for good -- as I just wasn't happy there, no matter how hard I tried...

All the best for you and I hope for lots of lovely lost and found notes!

PS How about a job in writing? Starting for a bio magazine or something> ? =) good luck & best regards from Europe,
Svenja

Katrin said...

Happy happy belated birthday!

Liz Brown said...

I'm glad you're home and happy. :) Those kitties and your fiance sound like VERY good things to come home to.

Cynth'ya Reed said...

Love the poem and LOVE your pinterest pins!

Krystal said...

your kitties are adorable!! Happy belated birthday!

Jenny said...

What a great feeling it must be to be home! I'm sure your kitties are thrilled to see you!
Good luck with your job search!

Ikra said...

Kittens are cute and I hope you will soon find a good job :) xx


Sneak peek into my life

MJ @ The Wild Child said...

Welcome home! You are absolutely right, no regrets. As for the job search, my sister graduated with a bachelor's in biology. She works for Biotronic (http://www.biotronic.com/index.html) as a neural monitoring technologist. They have contracts all over the US. Good luck with the search!

Lyndsy said...

Hey there! So, I'm a big fan of your blog and I recently nominated you for an award/link up! I hope you'll go check it out on blog! -- Lyndsy! =)
www.pursuitoflyndsy.blogspot.com

Alex said...

Welcome back!! And good luck on that job search!

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

What an awesome way to celebrate your Bday!!!

Ashlee Christopher said...

NO REGRETS! What a cute blog! So excited I found it!!

http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

Tamaras Blend said...

I completely understand how you feel and I'm so glad you're back with your family! There'll be plenty of opportunities for you to visit Slovenia and us to meet! :) Anyway, good luck with job hunting and enjooooy!