Sunday, July 15, 2012

sunday social link-up, travel edition

Happy Sunday, Everyone!

This Sunday, I am linking up with Neely from A Complete Waste of Makeup
 for, Sunday Social.
It's my first time partaking in this link-up,
and, this week, it's about travel,
since i'm a travaholic (new word?),
I thought I would join in!

This weeks questions:

1. Best trip I've ever been on?
This question is nearly impossible for me to answer, 
since I am so fortunate to have traveled to so many great places.
So, I am going to give my answer in 3 parts...

LAND
death valley, california

I have been to death valley twice, 
and it remains one of my favorite places that I have ever visited.
perfect for hiking and camping,
it has something for everyone.
AND, if you're not up for sleeping in a tent,
they have three hotels in the park.
caution- anytime other than december and january, 
this place is a furnace.
death valley gets HOT.


WATER
komodo islands, indonesia

the fiance and I spent almost a month on the island of flores in indonesia.
about half this time we were on a boat,
scuba diving and sun bathing all day long.
it was glorious.
komodo islands national park hosts some of the most well preserved sea life on our planet,
and was the main reason we made such a long trip there.
it was incredible.

EUROPE
spain

this was my first trip to Europe,
and I shared it with the fiance.
spain remains my favorite european country,
with some of the friendliest people,
and the most amazing food around.
paella and tapas, anyone?


2. Best idea for a girl's weekend trip?
wine tasting.
period.
I have lived in california my entire life,
and I have yet to go wine tasting in Napa or Sonoma.
good thing i'll be moving home next month....

3. Best idea for a couple's trip?
road trip.
yes, there will be arguing,
 and fighting over who will drive next,
but, really, road trips are amazing.
which is why, I am hoping to throw the fiance in the car when I get home
and make the drive up to canada.
mountains, lakes, campfires, and freeze-dried food-
I can't think of anything better.



4. Best vacation on the cheap?
camping.
no hotels, not costly flights, no fancy dinners.
there are so many amazing national parks out there,
that are virtually free to visit.
besides, the shower after days of camping may just be the best feeling in the world.
notevenkidding

via

5. Place you most want to visit?
patagonia
mongolia
galapagos islands
namibia

patagonia, via

6. Vacation necessities?

a camera
and maybe some water
via


thanks Neely for hosting this link-up!


Pin It!

15 comments:

Nicholl Vincent said...

I once went to death valley- but all i recall was the heat haha

come say hello at nichollvincent.blogspot.com

have a wonderful day!

Brit @ Confessions of a PinAholic said...

OMG those photos are gorgeous! I would love to visit most of those places. Problem: I'm afraid to fly...but that road trip sounds like one I could do.

Lori Spencer said...

Wow, you are quite the traveler! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Consider me your newest follower!

Alyx said...

I've wanted to go to Death Valley ever since I originally found your blog and the first posts I read were about Death Valley. I don't think I've ever met anyone else who loves it that much, and I feel like I have to see what the fuss is all about.

Karen Greenberg said...

Oh, the Galapagos Islands. That is definitely on my Wish List, right after Australia. I would do nothing but go around trying to see all the interesting animals.

Victoria said...

great answers! spain is on my list too;the galapagos islands would be AWESOME!

love your photos :)

thanks for stopping by my blog!

happy sunday!

bailey j said...

you have been to some pretty amazing places, bailey! you should DEFINITELY road trip up here to Canada - I think its worth it :)

Kristin said...

Road trips with my husband are my favorite kinds of trips too. I love seeing new places by car because I can stop and look around whenever I want.
Also, a camping experience with a hotel back-up sounds perfect. :)

Sarah Carper said...

Oh My Gosh! You thought you were jealous with Greece...I'm totally jealous about Indonesia! What a great place to go!!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm your newest follower!

Sarah
beyondthegradebook.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) You are quite the traveler! I'm totally jealous!

Kristin W said...

Love this! We should really camp more since we're usually on a budget, but the bugs here in the south are so awful (and mosquitoes just adore me). But you're right about the road trip. Since my husband and I just got back from our California road trip, I concur! Plus it's a cool way to see a lot of places at once!

Heather @ Cookies For Breakfast said...

Ahh your photos are aaamazing!!

The month in Indonesia sounds like the most amazing life experience of all time - how awesome you got to do that!!

Rhe Christine said...

i love love love camping!!! I think more people should do it. I'm so glad I was able to come across your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine. Its so weird how its such a small world. I grew up in Sacramento and now I live in Virginia. LOL! I think its so cool that you went to boarding school and have experienced all these travels. such amazing stuff few people get to experience. thanks for sharing.

Sarah and Stewart said...

I have heard so many good things about Death Valley, I really need to go there someday.

Megan C. Stroup said...

OMG you HAVE to go to Sonoma! I personally like it a little better than Napa. It's a little less touristy. :)