Friday, June 29, 2012

happy list and weekend plans

This week has been long.
long days with the kids,
and long hours missing the fiance and home in general.
so, i've decided to make a happy list,
a little reminder to always remember the little things that make me happy.

sweet watermelon
chirping birds and blue skies
a weekend away
sparkling water
a fresh pair of contact lenses
flowers. everywhere.


I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful weekend!

Tonight, I'm headed to Vienna, Austria,
and return to Munich on Monday morning. 
I have been dreaming of visiting Vienna for years, 
so, naturally, i'm super excited to finally see this city!

One of my best friends from boarding school will be in Munich on Monday,
so I will be seeing her lovely face for the first time in over 7 years.
excited is an understatement.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Pin It!

15 comments:

Lyndsy said...

Ooh have fun in Vienna! I'm off to Munster for a day trip tomorrow. Checking out St. Paul's cathedral, Pinzipal Market, and the Pablo Picasso art museum. Yay for traveling.

Svenja said...

Wow, I would LOVE to see Vienna. In all my years in Passau and Munich I never made it to that place. Have fun & try the Sacher tart, which I heard should taste awesome..

Laura said...

Wow! Vienna! Hopefully that will be nice pick-me-up ;) This weekend I am so excited to host my first guests in Champagne!!

Jenna said...

I've also always dreamed of visiting Vienna - something about seems so fairytale like and romantic. It will be so much fun to tour around with a friend there :) Can't wait for pics!

xxx
Jenna

The Pink Growl said...

Such an awesome picture with the spider - great catch! Happy weekend!

emily fitzgerald said...

Vienna is one of my favorite cities! So jealous!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

xox emily
once in a blue room

Unpublished Life said...

I love your list! Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the busy and the stressful that we forget all about the happy things!

Flowers definitely make me happy!

Sounds like you have a fabulous weekend ahead ... I will be sleeping, running and writing and that is about it:)

http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

siddathornton said...

fresh contacts... YES. such a great feeling. this weekend i will be going to the jeweler to have my fiance's ring fitted & apartment searching! a tiny bit stressful, but exciting nonetheless! i hope you enjoy your weekend :)

- lauren

Sarah and Stewart said...

Ah, the spider on that flower gives me the heebie-jeebies! I'm just having a low key weekend at home, need to get ready to head out of town for a 4th of July trip next week. Have a good weekend!

Alyx said...

I love your happy list! And sooo jealous that you're going to Vienna! Have a blast, girl! Try to enjoy your time there even though you're homesick!

Amy Shaughnessy said...

Sounds like so much fun! Have a fabulous weekend!

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds

pretty little things said...

just discovered your blog and I love it!
hope you can check mine out as well! : )

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Cara said...

Have such a great time in Vienna! I would LOVE to go there sometime. Sweet summer watermelon is one of my favorites too!

hayley [see.hay.fly] said...

vienna is gorgeous, colorful, and fun! i loved it. have a blast!

Alex Butts said...

my weekend was a bike accident and stupidity, so im sure yours owned mine. cant wait to hear