Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday's Letters

Friday's Letters
22.06.2012


Dear Fiance:  You have been in Germany for 9 days and you leave me on Monday. I'm not ready to say goodbye again. I don't know how many more goodbyes I have left in me before I hop in your suitcase and follow you to India or force you to move back to California.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

Dear Germany: I love you for so many reasons- primarily the food (not surprising) and the Alps.  However, since arriving three months ago, I've learned how much I love the US, and actually miss it.  Too bad I can't be in two places at once, right?

Dear weather: please be sunny and clear this weekend!  The fiance and I would love some nice, clear weather for our hike tomorrow.  Also, if you could just extend this beautiful weather through to September, that would be awesome.  I would love to see Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Paris, and Scotland with sunny skies (yes, I have a few trips planned for the summer).

Dear J&A: You both are pretty amazing- especially when you're not fighting with each other. I am so lucky to see you both grow and learn little by little with each day that passes.  You make being here worth it- most the time.  Sometimes I can't help but laugh when one minute you act as the best birth control ever, and the next minute you make me wish I was about to pop one of my own out next week.

Dear Asia: I've missed you a lot lately.  Hopefully i'll get to visit sooner rather than later.

Dear food: only three more days until i'm back to eating only healthy fruits, veggies, granola and yogurt- with a few other exceptions.  It's too hard to avoid yummy chocolates and breads with the fiance here forcing me to give into your goodness.

Dear bed: I need to be in you right now.  


Photobucket

PS- I added a facebook "like" box in my sidebar.
no pressure.
ha!
Pin It!

13 comments:

Lyndsy said...

Don't feel bad I'm barely on week 5 here and I miss the crap out of the U.S.

Breads and chocolate... they're like the devil here.haha

Tamaras Blend said...

If you visit Slovenia, let me know, I'll take you out for a coffee and some sightseeing! :)

Samantha Shepherd said...

Love these letters! I hope you get to do lots of traveling too so you can share about it and make us all jealous. Ha! :)

Cait said...

love love love to travel just as much as you do :) super cute blog by the way girl and great list! have a great friday! xo

Courtney B said...

What an amazing experience! I would love to visit there and eat the food!
I can't wait until you and your fiance don't have to say goodbye anymore :)

Ana F. said...

Awww... your day will come when you can see each other every day. I still can't understand how I lived for two years seeing M only on the weekends. And the six months that I didn't see him at all...

This will make your relationship stronger! And it helps that during that time you're in Europe... ;)

Have a great weekend! Hopefully the weather will be better than here :)

MellyB said...

Whoa, your letters give me travel bug overload. But then you said chocolate, I remembered I had some m&m's and the world was right again. Hope the sun shines for you and your love all weekend dudette.

Michelle said...

Being in a different country without your partner would be really hard. But then it is quite an experience as well, living there and getting to know the people and the culture. Im sure you'll look back in years to come and think it was such an amazing time in your life :)
Saying hi from Fridays link up

D said...

Can relate - been in Germany for almost two months now, and totally loving it - but missing Canada at the same time too.

Kat said...

When I lived abroad for a year, I was literally shocked by just how much I started missing everything in the US, so I can totally relate!

Chris said...

Have so much fun and enjoy your time together! Happy weekend! Goodbyes are never fun.

Christine said...

Love your letters! My WHOLE family is from (still there mostly) Germany. Its so beautiful and when I visit I usually gain about 10 pounds.

Shireen | eatplaylovethattop.com said...

Dear US: I miss you more than I ever thought I would!

Isn't it funny how that happens once you're gone?