Monday, May 28, 2012

The Tegernsee


This weekend I went sailing on The Tegernsee.
The weather couldn't have been better-
clear skies,
wind-filled sails,
and a smiling sun.
It was a lovely way to spend my Saturday afternoon with my host family.

I also ate McDonald's for the first time in at least half a decade.
I had the 300 cal grilled chicken wrap.
it was delish.
however, I do not know if they are in the US.
I am told that McDonalds in Germany isn't the cheap fast food place that is in America-
that it's actually a decent place to eat (and certainly not inexpensive).
They also have potato wedges with sour cream and chives.
but, no ranch or sweet and sour.
They are missing out.

Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to explore the little towns surrounding The Tegernsee, 
but i'll be back.
Sailing is a pretty big deal for my host family, 
and they do it often.

The rest of the weekend, 
I spent in bed.
sick.
including today, and most likely tomorrow.
I am not a happy sick person.

I hope all of you are having a very happy Memorial Weekend!






And, a special, i love you to my fiance.
I miss you sweet cheeks.
and the kids...
Pin It!

9 comments:

Alyx said...

Wow, Bailey!! this looks awesome!!

Katrin said...

Amazing pictures! The Tegernsee is so beautiful.
And yeah, ranch is not popular in Germany at all. I have never heard about it before I have met my husband.
Hope you will feel better soon!

Tamaras Blend said...

Amazing photos. I love Germany. And sailing for that matter :-)
Get well soon!

http://www.tamarasblend.com/

Ana F. said...

In Brazil, Mc Donald's is actually expensive! I mean, not like fancy or anything, but it's definitely not ridiculously cheap like here. I remember when I was a kid, going to Mc Donald;s was considered a treat!

Lovely pictures btw! It's nice that they enjoy outdoor activities and invite you along!

Sienna said...

wow this is stunning. i want to go there so bad. feel better!!

Jenna said...

This looks so amazing! The views are absolutely stunning :)

I also hadn't touched McDonalds for at least five years when I moved abroad. Now, I've caved a little, but in my defense I still only eat it when I'm drunk ;)

xxx
Jenna

Laura said...

McDonald's is so different here in France too! Mind you, In Canada it's not that bad. But here it's incredibly expensive so it's a very very rare treat. Still incredibly unhealthy but so are a lot of things.

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

These pictures are phenomenal!!!!!

CrazyTragicAlmostMagic said...

These are so breathtaking! That water looks amazing.