Sunday, May 20, 2012

family is everything...

Last night, my cousin Ingrid got married.
I could not attend,
not because I did not want to be there,
but because a plane ticket from Germany to Washington D.C. does not come cheap these days.

All weekend I've felt a little down.
Perhaps hormones are partially to blame, 
but also because I miss familiar faces,
family and friends.

I have been in Germany two months, 
and have only met a couple people my age-
and they don't live in my village.
Being this far away from family makes me realize how much they mean to me, 
and how much I take them for granted sometimes.

So, to my family out there-
genetically related or not-
I love you,
 and miss each and every one of you every single day.

so, you can imagine how touched I was when I woke up this morning to all their lovely faces.
These photos mean so much to me.
I feel so very very loved.

Jen- thank you so much for taking the time to post all these photos on my facebook. I am so lucky to have you as my sister.












the beautiful bride and groom


And, a very special congratulations to my beautiful cousin and her husband, Chris.
welcome to the family!


*If you're confused about the name on the sign, don't worry, you're not going crazy. My family and friends pre-college know me as Jess.  I decided to go by Bailey once I got to college.
Pin It!

20 comments:

Megan C. Stroup said...

What a cute idea! Your sister seems like a pretty cool person. :)

Kecia said...

That is SO sweet! I've missed plenty family functions living afar and none of my family thought to do that! ;)

xx
Kecia

http://www.couturezooblog.com/

Tiffany said...

That's so sweet!!!

Laura said...

That is such a great idea and super nice of your family to include you like that...my family is so much more distant than that and if a cousin was missing we wouldn't think twice about it.

Alyx said...

That is really such a sweet idea, and the bride looked gorgeous.
And hey - I know the feeling of living alone in a small town without any friends, so if you ever need to vent, I'm here! And if you're ever homesick for anything American, lemme know once I'm back to the states, and I'll see what I can send you!!

Jenny said...

This is so incredibly sweet! What a fabulous and thoughtful idea.

Sally said...

Oh girl!!!! Wow this almost made me cry!!! I know how hard it is....three of my friends who I studied with in the US and LOVE got married this past year and I missed all the weddings!! For me, this is the hardest thing for me about living this side of the world...I feel your pain!!!

Kristen Seuberling said...

That is so sweet! They are such rockstars to take the time to think of you and do something to let you know they care.

Anna said...

This is such a cute post!
-Anna
asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

Sweet Green Tangerine said...

That is so special!! What a great sister you have to think of you like that! You are very lucky to have such a wonderful family, and I know it can be tough being so far away, but I guess the silver lining is that it makes you appreciate them even more. Or at least that's what I've learned from being far from family.
Hope you feel better soon!

bailey j said...

aw! this is SO SO nice!

Jenna said...

This is so sweet! I can't imagine what a wonderful surprise it must have been to wake up to :) Meeting friends abroad is difficult and takes time. It took me over a year before I started really making close friendships in South Africa... but it will happen! Keep your chin up :)

xxx
Jenna

Caitlin said...

That is SO sweet!! How nice of everyone to participat and make you feel included! :)

Janna Bogert said...

Aww congrats! I'm living across the country from home too, so I have to be very choosy about what I can go home for!

Audra said...

Wow- how sweet and thoughtful is that!?!? I'm not that close to my extended family, and it makes me sad sometimes. I hope my daughter is really close with her cousins, aunts, uncles and whatnot because I think family is so important!

Alex said...

That is so sweet!!

Alex Butts said...

oh my gosh so sweet!!

come visit soon :)

Shannon said...

LOVE THIS! How special! A great idea if I ever walk down the aisle again. Too cute!

Meg {henninglove} said...

what a sweet way to make you feel included in the wedding festivities since you couldn't be there. what a wonderful family you have to do that

cremation in augusta ga said...

He remains in the family hearts.