Wednesday, May 23, 2012

blate sleepover

A few weeks ago,
I met Alex.
And even before really meeting her, I felt like I already knew her,
so, I decided to stay at her house for the weekend.

First, let me just tell ya'll-
Alex is awesome.
There was no awkwardness, 
even if we did meet each other over the internet.
It's like we had been friends forever-
minus some details about our past lives.

I had so much fun staying with her,
that I was tempted to prolong our little sleepover.
I decided not to wear out my welcome, however,
since I fully intend on making another visit asap.

So what did we do?
hung out and enjoyed the sunny weather at the schloss (castle)
had a drink or two (or, let's be real, 7 or 8) over the course of the first evening-
and then did it over again the second day.
rode bikes in the dark
talked
and talked 
attended stuttgarter-fruehlingsfest (post to come)
ate lots of delicious food
basically, had an amazing weekend.

And, Alex isn't the only cool one,
her friends are pretty awesome too.
There was no awkwardness.
none.

But, I have a lot to thank Alex for- 
she was the one that planted the seed to be an au pair.
If it was not for her,
I doubt I would be calling Germany my home.


the schloss

au pair's enjoying the glorious sun





I messed it up.  I should be looking AT her. Looking at my beer is thought to be disrespectful.

Bailey's for Bailey




I also learned one other thing over this weekend-
riding a bike while intoxicated is nearly impossible.
I have no idea how I made it home alive.
I did, however, make it back a little bruised and battered by the concrete.
Pin It!

20 comments:

Maria said...

Aw! Alex is so sweet! I love reading her blog (and yours as well)! It seems like y'all had a great time. I'm kind of jealous of you being in Germany right now! I would love to travel around!

Alyx said...

Hahahaha!!! I'm glad you survived the bike ride home! It did sound like a crazy weekend!

Alex Butts said...

Best. Weekend. Eva! Can't wait for a repeat. My bike bell is still broken from your fall hahaha, love it

Alex Butts said...

Best. Weekend. Eva! Can't wait for a repeat. My bike bell is still broken from your fall hahaha, love it

Melissa said...

Awww! Glad your sleepover went well.

Ana F. said...

Aw! It looks like you're having so much fun! :)

Being an au pair is one of the best things that I could've done. It was hard at times, but I got to see places that I would never see otherwise! Such a great experience and I'm glad to see you're enjoying it :)

kimberly @ lush lounge said...

Aw how cool! You guys even look like best friends! :)

The Pink Growl said...

sounds like fun! I've never been on a blate but I would LOVE to go!

Katrin said...

Great pictures! I am glad you survived the bike ride home! :)

bailey j said...

so cool to see two bloggers i love meet and be awesome together!!

Rebecca said...

awesome pics!

Dancing Branflake said...

How fun! Except for the falling part. Ouch!

Jenna said...

So much fun! So glad you were able to have an international blate with Alex :) And love these photos of you guys... I feel like we could be great drinking buddies ;)

xxx
Jenna

Laura said...

Great! And you're funny! I've never riden while intoxicates but one day my aunt did and came home with scrapes all over her legs.

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

What lovely pics, you 2 look like sisters!

lo @ crazy ever after said...

Glad you are enjoying your journey. I've been out of the blog loop as of lates, but it's been fun catching up with you. I remember stopping Alex's blog a while back. For some reason I never subscribed. Epic fail. I should do that now. Hope you have many more blates in your future. :)

Sweet Green Tangerine said...

omigosh- what fun!! I haven't met any bloggers in person yet...for some reason, southern Alabama is more remote than Germany, but I cannot wait to.

Miranda said...

um yep i may have rode my bike back to my host moms house while i was intoxicated and i actually ate it twice...not pretty...

it looks like you had so much fun! jealous!

Alex said...

Um this sounds like the best time ever. Plus, she has a pretty cool name. I now know not to try to bike while drunk, though.

Lyndsy said...

Hahaha! Sounds like it was fun! I can't imagine biking while intoxicated.