Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday's Letters


Dear weather:  Please cheer up.  I know that April showers brings May flowers, but it would be great if you only showered at night. I miss the sun on my face.

Dear fiance: It's been almost two months since we last saw each other.  I can't believe it. Although the time has gone by fast, and we are both busy, it's time I see your face again. soon.

Dear chocolate: I hate how much I love you.  You are torturing me with your deliciousness.  

Dear self-control: learn how to say no to chocolate.  You have not been on my side lately and I am not happy about it.

Dear shins: I hate you.

Dear Germany: I have been in you for almost a month.  So far, I couldn't ask for more.  Except for maybe a real mexican food place- that would be nice.

Dear Germans:  You can continue to look at me like i'm an alien because I wear flip-flops all the time.  It won't change anything.

Dear California:  I miss you more than I thought I would.  But, we'll be together again one day.

Dear kids: Life is not the same without you.  But, I hear you're doing well.  Papa even surprised you with fancy laser pointers in the mail.  He's so good to you. Please don't forget us.

Dear Readers: Thank you so much for reading this little blog of mine!  And, I hope all of you have a fantastic weekend!

Photobucket
Pin It!

23 comments:

★ JASMINE ★ {BarbieBombshell} said...

lovely letters hun!
just did mine myself!

have a happy weekend!
xoxo

Ben & Cassie said...

Cute, i just did letters too! I can't believe you havent seen your love in 2 months, we had to do that last summer and it was the worst! Ps-love flip flops, work it!

Cami said...

It's supposed to rain here..all weekend. Which I guess is good for us because we've had a bunch of wild fires recent :X
Aww when are you planning to go back to Cali?
Have a lovely day :)

Ana F. said...

I love the hate-that-I-love-you letter to chocolate. I feel the same way.

I'm SO glad to hear you're having a good time in Germany. Hope you get to see your fiance soon! :)

xoxo

Mo (New on U) said...

I hope you get to see your love soon, but am so glad you are enjoying Germany :)

Jenna said...

Wow can't believe it's already been almost 2 months - time has flown! Hope the fiance will be out for a visit soon :)

xxx
Jenna

Jamie said...

That was one of the things I missed most when we moved to Hawaii- real Mexican food!

Tiffany Nicole said...

Hello! Thanks for taking a peek at my blog. Yours is juts fabulous! So inspired by your travels and photography.

I must add chocolate and self control never go together :)

Happy Friday!

Tiffany
ingracealways.blogspot.com

English Anderson said...

I whole heartedly and completely agree with 1, 2, and 7. This rain is killing me, I miss my husband oh so much [2 months for me, too, and four more to go] and I don't understand European aversion to sandals. Maybe they think feet are gross?

Hopefully you will get to see your man soon! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your blog address. Now following because it's so lovely!

English
www.befreckled.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

I don't understand how Germans can get through life without wearing flip flops all the time. They're the greatest invention in the history of mankind.

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

LDRs are so hard, hope you get to see your love soon!

Kristin W said...

I never could find a legit Mexican meal in Europe ;) The only place we got close was in Interlaken, Switzerland and it cost us like $70. They just don't have endless tortilla chips over there. Hmmm...a niche that needs to be filled!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Great letters...i may need to participate one of these days!!

Leah said...

I love the comment about the flip flops. That is SO me!

Erica [pocket full of chuckles] said...

is your lova boy coming to visit you in germany? 2 months is way too long, but then again, i can't believe you've already been there for almost a month. time is flyin.

Danielle Wagasky said...

Hi there! Following you on google+, GFC, twitter, and facebook. Oh and pinterest too! Hey is that right on pinterest? You have over 193,000 followers?

Thanks for linking up to the Sunday Blog Hop!

Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
www.blissfulanddomestic.com

marie said...

What, no Mexican food? I guess I can mark Germany off the places I can live.

Brandy said...

Love this post. And you're so right. Nothing beats a good Mexican restaurant! :)

Alex Butts said...

1) Wish you could've been in Munich!
2) So sick of the rain
3) Found a chipotle type burrito place in Munich that was the closest to Mexican I've come to

Nora said...

haha you are wearing flip flops in april? in germany? i'm already in love with you!
a lovely blog you have here :)
I'm now following you!
xx Nora

Britt said...

I hope you and your fiance get to see each other soon. Absents makes the heart grown fonder, so very true!

Ashley Slater said...

aw, that stinks that you haven't seen your fiance in 2 months! but you are on germany, and that is pretty awesome so that kind of makes up for it! loved your letters, thanks for linking up with me!

xo,
ashley

kimberly @ lush lounge said...

Haha this is awesome! I always wear flip flops even in the winter too haha!