Friday, March 2, 2012

outfit post and silly thoughts

The other day, before class, I had the fiance snap a couple pictures of me.

I got my Hunters in the mail and it was rainy,
so, of course, it was a great excuse to play dress up-
sadly, dressing up in my world is putting on jeans.

Something about me-
I am a minimalist when it comes to my morning routine.

I don't curl my hair.
I throw it up in a bun.
When I feel like being crazy, i'll do a little braid or two.

I wear very little make-up.
It saves money and it saves time.
Honestly, I can't remember the last time I wore eye liner.
Sometimes, I miss it. I miss getting all dressed up.
But, mostly, I just really love getting my makeup done in about 2 minutes.

It's been about 18 months since I last got my hair cut/styled.
Suggestions welcome.
I have a bit of a receding hairline, too, so keep that in mind.
ha.

Also, i'm really white.
and, my eyebrows are practically invisible.
duh.
I'm a little self-conscious about this.
it's something i'm working on.

I dyed them (the eyebrows) a while back. 
but the upkeep?
No thank you.

Also, I hate taking solo pictures.
I feel really awkward.
especially when i'm smiling at the camera.

proof below.
I look JUST like my brother in this picture.
love it.
Seriously. He's pretty handsome, yet taken.



admiring my boots.

Jacket: Express
Shirt: Target (best store ever)
Jeans: Huson (my only pair)
Boots: Hunters
Bag: Nepal


Random thought-
I've noticed that my teeth have shifted.

I'm one of those idiots who had braces but stopped wearing her retainer.
Now, my teeth are shifting,
and I don't like smiling with my mouth open.
Or, it could just be that i'm getting used to seeing myself in pictures without makeup.
who knows.

Anyway, hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!
My plans?
run as much as possible since next weekend is the 1/2.
Pin It!

25 comments:

Leah said...

You are so super cute! I think you are the type of person who looks good with minimal makeup. I am a minimal makeup type person. My causal makeup is the same as my "going out" make up. I wouldn't be self conscious about your white eyebrows. It means you are a natural blonde!

Brooke @ Covered in Grace said...

Those photos are totally cute!!! Love the one with the head tilt. ;)

...and yes, target IS the best store ever!

Amy and the City said...

I love that outfit! You are so cute!
Ahh my hair is long and curly so it is almost always up in a bun!
Amy xo

Stephanie said...

I think you look great! I love your outfit!

Mrs. Baker said...

i just ordered my hunter rain boots-can't wait to get them!! love your outfit!

Jenna said...

I think you take pretty darn awesome outfit pictures, and if that is what you look like without make-up then I'm one jealous reader :)

Cute boots - I've been dying for a pair of hunters for forever!

xxx
Jenna

snow me white said...

I stopped wearing my retainer too and now I'm like, WHYYYY!!???
Loving this outfit!!

Daryl said...

Top Bun + Plaid + Rainboots = perfect equation for a deliciously casual outfit. You look great (and BEAUTIFUL without makeup!)

I don't wear my retainer either. D:

<3 Daryl
Roots, Wings, and Other Things.

Lauren said...

You look great! A natural beauty :)

debbiecutieface.com said...

the same thing definitely happened with my teeth, hah.

and I love that messy bun!

Alyx said...

Bahaha, I'm super anal about wearing my retainer since I didn't get braces till I was in college.
I love this outfit, though! So cute!

Susan said...

That happened to me! Not kidding! Last year I had to go through the process and had to get an expander. Oh yeah, fun stuff! Sorry random info about someone who's first visiting your blog! haha. I love your outfit!! And you're doing a half next weekend? I'm doing one in June! Good luck training for yours!

Ana F. said...

I think you look super cute!!! I want a pair of Hunters! Badly!

Alyssa said...

I'm the same way with makeup and hair! I straighten it every day because I don't like the curls but after that I brush it and wear it down or put it in a messy bun. And I don't wear much makeup either!

Amanda Cobb said...

I am a minimalist when it comes to hair and make-up, too. My hair is generally up in a bun (hurray for spin pins!), and the only make-up I even own is mascara and eyeliner. I will never be one of those girls that takes an hour to do hair and make-up.

Anyway, you look cute. :) Keep rocking the minimalism.

E said...

You look great! I don't think you need to add anything (makeup/hairstyle included!)
Rain boots are so fun to wear. The only downside about wearing them out here in Hawaii, is it usually stops raining pretty quickly and I feel like a bit of a crazy person wearing them when the sun has come out!

kelsie fennell said...

You are so dang cute! I LOVE your Hunters! I've been wanting some, but got a pair of LL Bean duck boots not too long ago so I just can't bring myself to do it! Also, I want that red bench. Jealous.

Shaylynn... I BLAHWG. said...

Girl if you can pull off not wearing make-up you should. You're beautiful.

I'm in the middle of my own hair saga. It's not going so well.

Naomi said...

Arggg, I NEED some rain boots!!! Some bright green ones to wear with a skirt and colored tights! You look too adorable :)

Jamie said...

LOVE your Hunter wellies!

Leslie said...

Such a cute outfit!! I love your Hunters, and your hair!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

You look fabulous!
I totally agree...Target is the best store ever! :)

My Soul is the Sky said...

cute! love your boots. i can't decide if i want to take the plunge into hunter territory but you're convincing me :)

Ashley at flats to flip flops said...

Love this outfit! And love the hunter boots...ahhh dying for some!
Ashley:)

the lye's said...

I am obsessed with your boots! I've seen the coral pink pair floating around pinterest and i've been dreaming of getting a pair ever since... one day.