Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes: The Good, Bad, and Undecided

I thought I would share with all of you some of my favorite styles, and least favorite styles, from last nights Golden Globes.

I didn't watch all the awards, mostly because I realized I had a lot of TV shows and movies to catch up on- and I will, believe me.

But, I am super thrilled that Downton Abbey took the award for best TV mini-series.  If you haven't watched this show yet, do it now.
Don't worry, you can thank me later.


The Good:

Emma Stone:  I just love her.  Her red hair and dark plum dress- amazing.
via

Reese Witherspoon: another one of my favorites, so perhaps i'm a bit biased.  However, this dress is gorgeous and the cut is ridiculously flattering.
via

Evan Rachel Wood:  This dress is probably my favorite of the night. Stunning.
via

Claire Danes:  Or, this may be my favorite of the night.  The whole package- hair, make-up, and dress.  LOVE that dress. Claire Danes is so pretty. I've loved her since My So Called Life.
via

Sofia Vergara:  She has to be one of the sexiest women alive.  I mean for real.  And this dress is perfect on her, I just wonder if it was difficult to walk in.
via

Salma Hayak: I love this dress, especially the Egyptian vibe.
via

 Jenna Dewan-Tatum:  The color is gorgeous.  Plus, she's so pretty.
via

Shailene Woodley:  I want this for my wedding day.
via


The Bad:

Freida Pinto
via

 Sarah Michelle Gellar
via

Dianna Agron
via

Lea Michele:  I know this made a lot of the "best dressed" lists- I do not see it.  I think it's hideous, not to mention the overdone make-up.
via

Amy Poehler:  There really is nothing flattering about this dress.  Not a fan at all.
via

Piper Perabo: Color too dull, poof too much.
via

Julianna Margulies:  boring
via

Amanda Peet:  the worst for last.  
via


The Undecided:

Michelle Williams and Angelina Jolie
via

Natalie Portman and Kristen Wiig
via

Kelly Osbourne Julianne Moore
via

There were waaay more good, bad and undecided dresses that I wanted to post- but I would be here all night- so I posted some of my favs.

If you want to see some other really bad dresses, go here.
The one on Erin Wasson- I have no words.

What made your good, bad and undecided list?
Pin It!

19 comments:

Stephanie said...

Michelle Williams was so ridiculously sweet last night that I can totally overlook her dress...I was undecided too, but I just love her! And I loved her headband! : )

bailey j said...

LOVE michelle williams , HATE velvet. HATE rachel evan wood.. which helps me hate her dress more than i already dislike it.

i am with you on pretty much everything here! totally agreeing on the dresses you thought were boring and stuff. my favorites that you posted are shailene and salma!

debbiecutieface.com said...

ew, Lea Michele. I don't see why people like her dress either.

Heather said...

Love Emma Stone....LOVE her dress and hair and make-up and everything.... Love Claire Danes dress as well. Now, on Evan Rachel Wood.... I love the dress but her hair and make-up and facial expression make her look old...and snobby....and a little too stepford wife. But the dress and her skin is amazing.

prettymeggy said...

i love Sofia's dress.. absolutely gorgoeus.. i love Angelina as weel :)
xoxo, Haus of Gala

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

Loved Clare Danes! She looked so polished and beautiful!

Bailey Schneider said...

It was an interesting choice from the ladies. Those I was EXPECTING to be amazing weren't and vice versa :-)
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

Elena said...

I hated Jessica Biel's dress. What was she thinking?

Alex Butts said...

Sofia Vergara, I mean really? Life is not fair.

And Leah Michelle holy shit I didn't even recognize her!

Love all the Golden Globes blogging as I did not even notice they were going on being here in Germany. You'd think I live in central Africa or something - sometimes I find myself WAY too out of the news loop.

Alyx said...

What the eff was leah michelle thinking? She looks like a drag queen. Hideous.

Brissa said...

emma is amazing.
i'm disappointed in dianna. she has such a unique style and completely flopped on this one.

Dorothy Explor'r said...

i loved the jolie dress... lot's of style in it - imo. and the natalie portman dress just made me think "there's something about mary!" haha.

http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com

*Sparkles* said...

oh no! Amy and Frieda's are BLECH!!!

I was really disappointed with Angelina I think her arms are getting disturbingly thin so I couldn't even focus on her look :(

And, I'm guilty of liking Sarah Michelle Gellar's dress in a weird way ;)

Connie said...

I couldn't agree more with your "bads" AHH! So bad, so bad.

Miranda said...

loved Emma's and Reese's dress the most! (also Mila Kunis') I didn't mind Frieda Pinto's but the worst has to me Angelina Jolie (so blah) or Kelly Osbourne's. Just the pointy parts and the wrinkles. Oh and Michelle Williams' is growing on me and I actually like Kristen Wiig's dress. I never saw it before your post.

ninest123 said...

hollister, moncler, canada goose outlet, canada goose, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, links of london, louis vuitton, toms shoes, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, moncler, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, doudoune canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, karen millen, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, swarovski, moncler, ugg boots uk, thomas sabo, wedding dresses, canada goose uk, bottes ugg, coach outlet, replica watches, pandora charms, supra shoes, louis vuitton

ninest123 said...

michael kors outlet, ralph lauren uk, nike free run uk, michael kors, hollister pas cher, lacoste pas cher, ray ban pas cher, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet, north face, coach outlet, abercrombie and fitch, north face, hogan, burberry outlet online, nike roshe, air force, michael kors, lululemon, ugg boots, vanessa bruno, michael kors, new balance pas cher, michael kors, coach purses, michael kors outlet, sac guess, coach outlet, ray ban uk, hollister, replica handbags, tn pas cher, hermes, nike air max, oakley pas cher, mulberry, true religion jeans, timberland, ugg boots, nike air max, burberry, true religion jeans, nike air max, true religion jeans, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet

ninest123 said...

new balance, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, reebok shoes, babyliss, vans, asics running shoes, nike roshe, hollister, nike trainers, lancel, timberland boots, hollister, wedding dresses, nfl jerseys, gucci, p90x workout, valentino shoes, louboutin, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, abercrombie and fitch, converse outlet, beats by dre, soccer shoes, vans shoes, baseball bats, oakley, mont blanc, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, nike huarache, longchamp, hollister, iphone cases, mac cosmetics, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, mcm handbags, insanity workout, north face outlet, north face outlet, birkin bag, herve leger, nike air max, ray ban, ghd, lululemon, giuseppe zanotti

ninest123 said...

doudoune canada goose, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, moncler, bottes ugg, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, swarovski, marc jacobs, links of london, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, montre pas cher, canada goose, louis vuitton, karen millen, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, replica watches, moncler, moncler, canada goose, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, toms shoes, pandora charms, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, moncler, coach outlet, canada goose, canada goose, louis vuitton, hollister, canada goose uk, supra shoes