Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wish {out loud}! Link-up

This week I have decided to join a new link-up!

Yayyy!

It's called, Wish {out loud}!  You can find more information on this lovely blog.

The idea is simple: share with all your blog buddies something you are wishing for.  This is an extremely appropriate link-up for my life.  

I'm a dreamer.  And I have many many wishes.

This is why i've decided to link-up!


My wish of the week?

Well, if you know me or read my blog, you know I have a pretty serious infatuation with Europe.  

If you don't know me, then now you know!  I have always wanted to live somewhere in Europe!  I have also always wanted to speak another language.

Well, my friends, it looks like my wish may be coming true in the not-so-far-off future.

Nothing is set in stone...yet.

But, with the fiance in India, I decided why not become an Au pair in Europe!?!?


(Yes, I made the font large for those of you not reading the whole post)

This way I can be closer to the fiance, and maybe even see him more often.  It also means that I will finally, finally have my dream to live in Europe come true!

This also means I would learn another language (or, two)!  
German, Dutch, French- who knows!

My top countries include, 

Austria,  via
Switzerland!  via
Germany, via

Netherlands, via



I will also get to help out a family and hopefully help some little children learn and grow too!  I would love to have my own little babes, but right now just isn't the right time.  So, instead, i'll love someone else's kids!

Besides, I already know that I love kids!
And, from past experience, they love me too!

So exciting!

Like I said, nothing is set in stone yet.  But, for right now, i'm really excited.  Even though the fiance and I will be on separate adventures, we will both be getting out of our system something we have always wanted.

Better before babies then after, right?


Do you know anyone that has worked as an Au pair?
Have you worked as an Au pair?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!



Wish out loud
Pin It!

15 comments:

debbiecutieface.com said...

I love the countries you listed! I've been to all but Switzerland. You should check out Salzburg in Austria; it's one of my favorite cities!

lauren @ our big fat farm wedding: crazy ever after said...

I work as a professional nanny in Minneapolis, MN, and my job is very similar to that of an au pair, except I get to go home to my husband and our dogs every night instead of living with the family. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my job. I have worked in this industry for almost five years, and have nannied for three amazing families. Five of the kids I nannied for were actually in my wedding this past summer. I would totally encourage you to pursue au pair gig in a European country. I know several here in Mpls, and would be happy to pass along any information about their program. Cultural Care is a popular one here. I am not sure, but I assume that if they place au pairs in the US that they also place US au pairs in other countries as well. Good luck!

Robin said...

Woohoo! Thanks for linking up!
Excellent wish! One of my closest friends went to Germany to nanny for a little girl. I wouldn't classify her as an au pair, but she did love it. The family didn't pay her, they just provided her with a home and food.
I think you should do it! It is such a great way to see another country, interact with a new culture and be closer to the man ;]
I say Switzerland, you are in a beautiful country that is surrounded by germany, france, and italy! How can you beat that?!

http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

Mo (New on U) said...

Hello!

I worked as Au Pair after college in Scotland at the same time my best friend was au pairing in Paris. She had a great experience, while mine was not so hot. I can certainly give you some tips on what to look out for and things like that if you are interested! Even though the au pairing didn't work out for me, it was a fantastic experience and I'm glad I did it. Good luck!

Hollie Ann said...

what a cute link up! i would love to travel being an au pair! such a great wish out loud :)

Leah said...

What a fun link up and such a sweet wish! It definitely sounds like a great opportunity! I look forward to reading more about it as the idea progresses! :)

Brooke said...

My best friend was an au pair in Germany, and she loved loved loved it. As in, it changed her life (and she won't stop talking about it, bless her soul). Go for it! Why not, right?

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

Wow! If that's your dream...go for it! Even if you go and it's not what you expect, you will always regret not trying it. Sounds like a good mix of loving kids and loving Europe!

Thanks for your super sweet comment on my pic! ;)

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

Weird. I thought I was already following. Just clicked to follow now but it's not showing up. ???

Róna said...

Hi, I am from Germany. and we'd love to raise our baby girl in polish, german (both are my mothertongues, my husbands is only german) and english.
contact me :D

Hilary said...

That's great! If you end up in Switzerland I will put you in touch my cousins ;) It's beautiful.

kimberly rae said...

OMG!! I.AM.SO.JEALOUS! i actually visited all of these countries on a contiki tour this summer and it was amaaziing!! I absolutely LOOOVE Austria + Switzerland!!

Also, I read this blog: http://www.alexbutts.com/

she's an au pair in germany! hope that helps!! :)

Britt said...

I lived in Germany for three years and LOVED it! The sights were stunning, the food was great, the people were (mostly) nice. I miss it a lot!

Liz said...

I don't know anything about being an au pair, but my husband and I fulfilled a dream and moved to Amsterdam four months ago and although there have been hard times, overall I couldn't be happier that we did this! It is absolutely amazing living abroad, living a different way of life and enjoying so much travel. I feel super lucky and highly encourage anyone to take a leap of faith and move to Europe! Good luck!!!

Maria said...

Hey, I was reading your blog every now and then, and today I click and find you recently posted a photo of my hometown when mentioning Germany. Thats so strange .. O.o anyway, I love the way you write! It's really fresh and different and I enjoy reading it :)