Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week one

It's been a week since I saw the fiance.

This was almost 5 years ago. Ahhh, college.
Black bra with a white tank top...classy!

I would be lying if I said it was easy.  It's been hard.  

But, life is hard- just in case you didn't know.  

And, I don't always get what I want.

So, what do I do?  Or, what am I trying to do?

 ...make same damn good lemonade out of the lemons that have been thrown my way the past couple weeks.

Sure, I had a couple days where I didn't want to get out of bed, not just because the fiance wasn't there to give me a smelly kiss, but also because I felt lost.  

I couldn't stop asking myself, what the hell are you doing with your life?


My answer:  I am figuring it out.

The fiance and I have been through a lot in the 5 years we've been together.  And like all relationships, we've made it through the crappy lows and the glorious highs.

He is my very best friend.

So, even though we are not going to be living with each other every day for the next year, we will make it.

After all, he is the jelly to my peanut butter (or something).

via


Plus, no fiance all the time means:

-Watching whatever I want, whenever I want.
-Not overheating when I sleep- he's like a human radiator.
-Never having to shave....oh wait, I already never do that- seriously, my leg hair is at least an inch long (too much? i know)


...Ok, that was a pretty crappy list.  And I would gladly give up ever watching my crappy television to be with him right now, but he's doing something he's wanted to do for the past 5 years.  So, i'm supporting him...

At least for now...

In the mean time, I think i'll go work in Europe.  Become bilingual.  Get some baby experience.




Pin It!

8 comments:

debbiecutieface.com said...

I know long distance sucks :(

but if you can, go to Europe! That sounds amazing.

Robin said...

Stay strong :] you'll be together & happy one of these d
ays, just need to be patient for now. Long distance is totally lame, but you can handle it.

Just go to Europe, live your dream, and fall in love with chunky little baby faces :]


http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

Ashley Gollasch said...

Long distance does suck. My husband and I are apart a lot. But like you said you can watch whatever you want. How do you think I watched all four seasons of Gossip Girls. Lol

R. Chandra said...

hahah, shaving, i'm terrible at that too.

i'm sorry that your circumstances are seperating you guys. your love seems very strong, i hope the time passes quickly !!

just stumbled upon your blog .. thought i'd say hello :)

kristyn ellen said...

That picture is great. Black bra and all! Sometimes I ask myself what the hell I'm doing with my life (too)... But I'm more worried about the people who never asks themselves that.

Lauren said...

I really wish I could go without shaving... I feel like my legs start to itch when there is hair on them. Such a bummer too because it takes so much time to shave and it's not like my legs are even seen in the winter anyway.

I support all the things you want to do in the meantime buuuut I totally think baby experience will make you miss your fiance 100x more. Or, I guess depending on the baby, make you glad the distance is a form of birth control (but seriously even the "bad" ones are so ridiculously cute it's hard not to love them).

Mo (New on U) said...

My guy is out of town now too :( Only for a week though so I can't really complain at all (it's perfect for watching all the terrible tv I want, like you said!)

Also, it wasn't until just recently that I stopped feeling lost. I bumped around the world a bit, came home, tried out some different careers, and basically felt totally inadequate. All of those experiences landed me where I am today, and I couldn't be happier. Sometimes you just have to be lost in order to find yourself :)

Ana said...

My husband and I didn't see each other during the week for the 2 years of dating and didn't even live together for the first weeks of marriage! It's all worth it and I'm sure it will be for you in the end :)

xo, Ana