Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Sayings

via

I completely forgot about Sunday Sayings last week.
My apologies, but my mind has been elsewhere the past couple weeks.  Slowly, but surely, I am getting it back...I hope.

I stumbled upon this little Saying the other day and wanted to share it with you.
I'm sure you've heard it before, but a little reminder every so often never hurt anyone.

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I am a big fan of Dr. Seuss.


Anyway, I am a firm believer in saying how I feel.  It wasn't always this way- it is only something I am just really learning.  
But, being myself and saying honestly how I feel always makes me feel so much better, maybe not in the moment but always in the end.

Feelings scare a lot of people.
Feeling are simple, raw honesty.  Feelings come from the heart.

Feelings inspire happiness and joy, but also pain and suffering.
It is no mystery why feelings are so scary for some people to acknowledge and accept.

I have learned to accept my feelings, 
but I am still learning how to process and react when they are unexpected and scary.

I think this is something I will continue to learn and improve for the rest of my life.  After all, screaming and crying or falling of the deep end isn't always the most productive way to control and express my emotions.

But, I will never shut away who I am and what I feel for the sake of another person*, 
just because another person doesn't want to hear it...

"...those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind".
-Dr. Seuss


*There may be some obvious exceptions.


I hope all of you are having a wonderful, festive weekend!
I hope to start up the Sunday Sayings link-up again in two weeks. I hope you will join me!


Pin It!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I love this! I posted mine check it out http://mylifeunmasked.blogspot.com/2011/12/sunday-saying.html

Rebecca said...

the dr always know what to say =]

Ally said...

hi bailey! thank you so much for your NICE comments on my blog! i'm loving reading through yours- i espeically love this quote :) dr. seuss was a genius. i'm so glad that you commented so that i could follow you! ally

Kendra said...

I love this quote too! And I love your theme of "sunday sayings". Very inspiring!

Val said...

What a great quote!! Love Dr. Seuss.

Alyssa said...

I'm becoming more honest as well! It's important to say how you really feel! By the way, I love your blog so I gave you the Versatile Blog award over at my blog today! :) Have a great Monday! http://makinmemories11.blogspot.com/