Thursday, December 15, 2011

Just call me the Grinch

Hi Everyone!
I'm guest posting about the adventures of traveling with the fiance over at Emily's blog, Tales for karina Marie.
Head on over to her blog and check it out!
.......................................................................................................................................

So, as most of you know, it's Christmas in less than 2 weeks.

Honestly, I didn't realize this until I actually pondered the date today and how scary it is that it is already half way through the month!

Most people are insanely excited about this little thing called Christmas.  

Seriously, this is all i've been hearing about in the blog world, 
Facebook status updates, 
the TV, 
the nonstop shopping ads, 
the Chrismas music my fiance's mother likes to blast every night of the week...
It's EVERYWHERE! 

And, it's driving me insane!

Yes, I am officially the Grinch.


I won't go into why.  This year just doesn't feel right- it doesn't feel like the holidays.

I just want to take a solo road trip, avoid the whole day and wake up to 2012.

{2012 is going to be a great year.  I can feel it}

Despite my lack of holiday enthusiasm, I've decided to answer a few questions for ya'll pertaining to this day called Christmas.

Where people give and receive gifts they can't afford,
Eat too much (again),
and celebrate the birth of, you know, Christ- a man that would actually be celebrating Hanukkah. 


1.  Eggnog or hot chocolate?  Hot chocolate, although the SOY eggnog is pretty gooood.
pinterest
2.  Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?  In the past, everything was wrapped, which makes things look really pretty, etc.  BUT, imagine how many trees are chopped down for wrapping paper?  Maybe i'll save up old brown paper bags and use those for Christmas! Plus, they can be recycled!   yessssss
pinterest

3.  Colored lights or white lights?  Totally depends.  Lame answer, I know, but this question is far too black and white.

4.  When do you put your decorations up?  Let me rephrase this question.  When will I put up decorations when I have my own little babes? Just after Thanksgiving, although i'm no fool.  I know this will never happen every year once I have children.  Children change everything- including timed schedules planned a year in advance.
via

5.  What is your favorite holiday dish?  If I still ate meat, I would say the salty ham and scalloped potatoes.  But, now, i'm not so sure.  Maybe some salad and I do love buttered rolls.

6.  Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  Yes. It was a tradition in my family to open one gift on Christmas Eve, which always just so happened to be matching Christmas PJ's.  I loved this tradition.  It is something I will carry on once the fiance and I have our own human babies.

7.  Snow? Love it or dread it?   I LOVE SNOW!  For real.  But, I live in California. It doesn't snow here unless I drive up to the mountains.  My attitude towards snow would probably change if I woke up and realized I couldn't leave my house.

I have a small obsession with the snow.  I love how it crunches under my feet.  So, whenever I do see the snow, this is usually what i'm doing...running around like i'm a 5-year-old!

8.  Candy Canes?  Disgusting. 

9.  Favorite Christmas movie?  Elf and Christmas Vacation.  Love these funnies.   
via

PS-I shortened this list and only answered the one's I found amusing.


I hope the rest of you out there are feeling a bit more enthused about the holidays and are soaking up the Christmas spirit!

If not, you can join me on my road trip!


Pin It!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

That hot chocolate looks amazingggg!!

And we have the PJ tradition too! It actually wasn't a tradition in my immediate family, but my aunt and uncle and their kids did it so I started it the first Christmas I was married. I haven't been able to find much selection for matching PJs for all of us, especially a child under 2 so I just go with winter-ish (I don't want to go TOO Christmasy because then it seems weird to wear them after Christmas).

Alyssa said...

It doesn't feel like Christmas to me either this year. :( Sad! It's kind of hard to get in the holiday sprit when it doesn't feel like Christmastime.

debbiecutieface.com said...

"and celebrate the birth of, you know, Christ- a man that would actually be celebrating Hanukkah." <-- that cracked me up. I'm all about Chrismukkah.

The Belly Dancer said...

Love your gift wrapping paper! New follower, would you follow me back?
evescrochet.blogspot.com

Leah said...

Cute guest post- Opposites really do attract huh! :)

And this post made me giggle too- I am soaking up the Christmas Spirit but I can definitely appreciate the idea of a road trip!!

Ana Magdalena said...

oh the holidays! I don't know where did my holiday spirit go this year, I hope it comes back to me in the two weeks we have left before new years.