Sunday, December 4, 2011

Did you know that...

...I was born and raised in Southern California, but hate it there.

Let me defend myself:   Southern California is crowded, expensive and... crowded.  Yes, crowded (actually, more like claustrophobic). While there are many lovely places, I can't handle so many people everywhere all the time.  I like space to breath.  I want horses and land one day.  To have these things in in the lower half of CA would cost me an arm, leg, and a million dollars.

This does not mean i'm a hater.  It just means it's not for me.  And that, my friends, is okay.

image via


...I used to work at Abercrombie & Fitch, and LOVED it!

Yes, it's true.  Why?

Well, I worked with some of my best friends EVER.  In fact, I looked forward to work so much that I would offer my time and ask for extra hours (sometimes more than 50+ hours per week).  Coworkers that didn't know me very well would ask if I had  a bed hidden in the back, or if I ever went home.

I did go home, but A&F was my happy place.  I started out working on the floor, but switched to the stockroom after realizing this way I wouldn't have to deal with customers every day.  I loved every minute working there, even those I spent scrubbing the floors just to make regional managers happy. 

I miss these bitches...

...I have an obsession with peanut butter.

The more I run, the bigger this problem becomes.  It's just so gooood!  My favorite is the kind with flax seeds from Trader Joe's, but if I can't have that, Jif is always pretty tasty too!

Image via


...I have my Bachelor's degree in Molecular, Cellular, Developmental Biology and planned to be a Pharmacist, but now I want to be a high school biology teacher.

I spent five years killing myself to get this degree.  When I graduated, I worked at Stanford University for 8 months in research but hated my life.  I've decided to get my teaching credentials.  I may not make tons of money, but at least i'll love what I do.



...I have an older sister and younger brother.

I love them both more than they know.



...I am DYING to live in Europe...or back on the East Coast.

I went to boarding school in Virginia (in depth post on a later date).

St. Margaret's School was three of the BEST years of my life.  I will never be the same thanks to this amazing school.   Throughout my time there, I fell in love with Virginia and all its surrounding states.  

I miss every single one of these beautiful women.  I think about them all more than they will ever know.


...I despise bras.  If I could, I would go bra-less ever day.

True story.  I hate them.  It's just so much more comfortable to hang free.




Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!


I got the idea for this post over at Kristy's blog, it's an adorable life.  
Find her blog here.


Share a little about you and link back, or leave me a comment!
Pin It!

12 comments:

Jo(ke) said...

I discovered your blog a while ago. Loved this post. You should come visit in Europe. :)

debbiecutieface said...

I love when bloggers reveal more about themselves :) It's nice to get to know people!

We have a lot in common. I also hate bras ;) And love love love peanut butter. And I do think it's super important to love what you do, so I'm glad you followed your heart, even if you won't be making as much money. I do love Southern California though!

Leah said...

This is such a fun post! What a clever way to share more about you- I liked reading it! I want to hear more about your boarding school experience!

Amanda said...

Great post girlie! It was fun getting to know you!

Sarah Ann said...

Okay, this post is super cute. I'm going to have to try something like it! :)

I followed over here from Kristyn's blog, Read July, and I just wanted to say hi!

Reverie

agroeper said...

Virginia is beautiful! I lived there the last two years of high school before I moved...again haha.

Christina said...

I just did this on my blog :) what a cute idea

http://brandonandchristinabrown.blogspot.com/

Goldenberry said...

Oh funny, you would love to live in Europe, and I would love to live in southern California (I'm okay for the million dollar to go with it!)

p.s. I love the way american always say "Europe", here we refer to each country by it's name. I guess it's just the same for american, you name each state and european just say "USA" ! ;)

Ash said...

I'm born and raised in SoCal.. and lemmetellyou, the crowd is what I hate the most. We live on an acre, modestly priced, but my word.. how I would LOVE to move anywhere else where we have more than one acre, freeways far far away, no commuter traffic, no craziness at stores... I fell you girl, I feel ya..

Ash said...

one more thing: I would also go braless everyday, if possible.. sometimes it is (thanks little baby boobies!), but most of the time... totally not acceptable... How do you like it up north? that's where I'd like to go, I think.. tahoe, middle of nowhere, who knows.. but north of socal, for sure..

Hilary said...

New to your blog (thanks for your comments on mine!), and love this post about you. I'm a VA gal...and my aunt teaches at SMS! Small world. I always admired So Cal but have never been -it's interesting to hear your take :)

Lisamarie said...

California is so crowded and expensive. I live in North Orange County and also dream of one day having my own horse and horse property. There are places you can do it, but its so expensive. However, I can't stand the thought of moving away from my sister and my mom!! I'm stuck!