Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dear 14-year-old self

Hey lovelies!

I got the idea for this post over at Jessica's blog found here.  Head on over and check her out!


Dear 14-year-old self:


Your were born fair skinned, not bronze.  Embrace your whiteness and stay away from the sun!
...
Life won't always be so hard.
...
But, life will also never be easy.
...
Listen to the compliments others tell you.  They are true.
...
There is more to life than being skinny..
...
You are smarter than you give yourself credit for.
...
Your heart will be broken, but it will all work out in the end.
...
Always follow your heart.
...
Those platform chunky flip-flops, hideous.
...
Your hair will not always be down to your butt.
...
Stop crying.  The acne will go away one day (hint: birth control).
...
You won't get your license when you think you will.
...
Uggs become "the thing".  At least you know you wore them first.
...
You will not be pregnant by 25. I'm sorry.
...
Your five-finger-forehead and jay leno chin will haunt you for the rest of your life.  Learn to love it now.
...
One day you will love yourself.
...
One day you'll stop being so scared.
...
You will see that world and always want to see more.
...
You will get a degree in something you've never even considered.
...
You will never be in complete control of everything.
...
You will learn that life is short and needs to be LIVED.
...
Stay strong.  It will be worth it in the end.
...
You will find the man you want to spend the rest of your life with.
...
You will make your own happiness.
...


Join in! What would you say to your 14-year-old self?
Pin It!

9 comments:

Delta Daisies said...

love this post! :)

Ashley said...

I LOVE the idea for this post... if only I knew then what I knew now! Life is a journey and you have to go through A LOT sometimes to figure it all out and become the person you are today!
I may have to copy this idea... LOVE it.
ps- WHAT were we thinking with the platform chunky flip flops!? haha, also pooka shells...

lauren @ our big fat farm wedding: crazy ever after said...

This is precious. All those crazy rights of passage we experience. Painful to go through and sometimes painful to look back on. Livin' and learnin'. Such is life. PS: your chin is cute. :)

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy said...

I love this post. What a wonderful idea! I may have to do something like this on my blog!

I think I would tell myself to live life to the fullest. And not to worry about what others think of you, that being true to yourself is the most important thing!

debbiecutieface.com said...

well now I have to do this. Next post, perhaps?

sad because age 14 was without a doubt the toughest year of my life.

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

Happy to be a follower! Thanks for the comment on mine!

kimberly rae said...

lol! love this! especially the part about embracing whiteness and believing compliments!!

i totally love the idea of this post, i just read a letter-to-18-year-old self on another blog and have to do one soon! :)

Stephanie said...

I.LOVE.THIS.

Can I steal this from you? It's AMAZING!

Brigette Olmos-Arreola said...

so sweet, my co-workers and i were just talking about this the other day. "being skinny" such a big thing deal then