Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hakuna Matata

I have been waiting all week for The Lion King to come in the mail from Netflix.

I am a serious fan of all Disney movies, but The Lion King has always been one of my favorites.

It finally came in yesterday, and it was better than the 100 other times that I watched it as a kid.

But, i've gotten ahead of myself...

Let's talk about the easiest dinner, EVER.  

It all started last night when I walked in to the kitchen and realized my mother-in-law made chicken enchiladas.

 (For those of you new to my blog, you should know that the fiance and I temporarily moved in with his mom.  Although it is not forever, we are so thankful for the extra money in the bank and that we are able to help out his mom whenever necessary).  

Anyway, I stopped eating meat almost a month ago.  You can find out why on this post.  Since I gave up meat, it has been surprisingly easy finding and preparing vegetarian dinners (mostly due to a little thing called CHEESE).  Last night was no exception.

Like the rest of the fam, I also wanted something cheesy and delicious, so I decided to make my version of veggie fajitas.

What you need:
Vegetables (onion, chili's, bell peppers, mushroom, etc)
Tomato, chopped
Fresh cilantro
cheese
sour cream
tortillas
Beans of choice (today, I used organic refried beans.  I also love black beans)
Cayenne powder, chipotle powder, salt and pepper

(Amounts of all these items will vary depending on how many people you plan to feed.  Just remember that vegetables shrink when cooked. So, although 2 onions seem like a lot, it will be less once it's completely cooked).


Directions:
Chop vegetables (onion, bell pepper, chili's, mushroom, etc.) and transfer to a large sauce pan preferably with a lid.  Mix in approximately 1 tbsp oil.  Turn heat on medium, cover with the lid and allow the vegetable to cook for about 5 minutes.  Add desired seasoning according to your own preference (I love cayenne and I always add too much salt).  Continue to cook the vegetables until soft and completely cooked (you may need to add a small amount of water to the pan to prevent sticking).

Cook beans according to directions.

Once vegetables and beans are cooked, assemble your own version of veggie fajita goodness.  As you can see, I like lots of cilantro and sour cream and ALWAYS fill them too full.

How do you like your fajitas?


After I had dinner all figured out, I was finally able to watch The Lion King.

The fiance and I were pleasantly surprised by how much we still loved this movie.  In fact, I think I love it more now than I did when I was little.  

I finally understand what they're saying in songs and i'm actually listening to the words.  That was way too much effort as a kid.  Obviously.

I will say this...

Since the fiance and I are officially those crazy cat people we may be a little biased toward this particular Disney movie.  See, there were waaay too many similarities between Simba and our own little Frankenstein (you have not been properly introduced yet).

I won't try to explain because it would probably scare all of you away.  Instead, i'll leave you with a picture. This should give you some idea of little Frankie and why we love her so much!  And why we definitely downloaded The Lion King 2 right after we finished reliving the first.



Happy almost Friday, Everyone!!!

And remember, "home is where your rump rests".
Pin It!

8 comments:

Talia said...

The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie of all time, hands down. I totally agree it's a million times better now that I'm older and can fully understand all of it! And of course, I'm one of those that cries every time Mufasa dies... it just gets me every time. I love the picture comparisons - absolutely hilarious!!

By the way, those fajitas look amazing! I just might have to try the recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Jess - PrettyPhysicist said...

OMG, your kitty is so cute! I LOVE that comparison!

ellie said...

I watched the lion king again in college while babysitting and I completely broke down and balled. The kid i was babysitting didn't know what to do.

withoutizy said...

I love the Lion King and I love that youre moving to India! whyyyy?

I'm living in the Czech Republic. I think you'd like it. It really is all castles, and good beer/cheese.

ninest123 said...

longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, louis vuitton, prada handbags, louboutin shoes, nike free, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, nike outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, nike free, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louboutin, longchamp pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, air max, nike roshe run, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, burberry, louis vuitton, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp, uggs on sale, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, replica watches, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, sac longchamp, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses

ninest123 said...

tn pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors, nike blazer, coach purses, sac guess, burberry, mulberry, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, ugg boots, replica handbags, ray ban pas cher, nike free run uk, burberry outlet online, lululemon, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, ralph lauren uk, true religion jeans, hogan, north face, coach outlet, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, true religion outlet, new balance pas cher, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, nike roshe, michael kors, ray ban uk, kate spade handbags, air force, hollister pas cher, vanessa bruno, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, oakley pas cher, hollister, michael kors, timberland, hermes, nike air max, north face, vans pas cher, nike air max

ninest123 said...

mont blanc, nike roshe, wedding dresses, louboutin, soccer shoes, nfl jerseys, birkin bag, lululemon, reebok shoes, converse, nike huarache, new balance, celine handbags, bottega veneta, baseball bats, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp, mac cosmetics, ralph lauren, mcm handbags, timberland boots, chi flat iron, babyliss, beats by dre, oakley, ray ban, insanity workout, iphone cases, soccer jerseys, converse outlet, ghd, jimmy choo shoes, gucci, hollister, nike air max, nike air max, hollister, instyler, asics running shoes, north face outlet, herve leger, nike trainers, p90x workout, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, vans, lancel, north face outlet, hollister, valentino shoes

ninest123 said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, swarovski, ugg pas cher, canada goose, pandora jewelry, canada goose uk, toms shoes, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, swarovski crystal, moncler, pandora charms, hollister, ugg boots uk, doudoune canada goose, links of london, moncler, juicy couture outlet, bottes ugg, canada goose, wedding dresses, sac louis vuitton pas cher, moncler outlet, montre pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, coach outlet, moncler, moncler, canada goose, replica watches, canada goose outlet, moncler, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, supra shoes, moncler, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, moncler, marc jacobs, karen millen, juicy couture outlet