Thursday, December 1, 2011

Feta and Beet Salad

I made this concoction a couple weeks ago and it turned out great.

So, I thought I would share it with you...

It's great for lunch or dinner.  And tastes great hot or cold.

What you need:
1 box cous cous (I get mine from trader joes)- it's approximately 2-3 cups cooked
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 bunch beets, boiled with skin removed, cut into small cubes
Large handful of fresh parsley
At least 1/2 cup feta cheese (I always add more)
salt and pepper to taste
Juice from 1-2 lemons
olive oil


Directions:
Cook the cous cous according to box directions.  I cooked the onion with the cous cous, so that it would be soft once prepared.  If you prefer crunchy onion, add after the cous cous has been cooked.

Drizzle with olive oil until (approximately 2 tbsp).

Chop the beets and parsley.

Season the cous cous with salt and pepper and fresh lemon juice to taste.

Add the chopped beets, parsley and feta cheese. 

Mix...

and eat :)



I'll be honest, this photo is a bit of a lie.

These beets were not mixed in with the cous cous, but instead placed on top.  Should you make this dish, the beets will turn your cous cous pink.

No big deal, it looks kinda pretty :)
Pin It!

3 comments:

Bad Joan said...

looks delicious!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

Ms. Givens said...

This looks beautiful and I love Beets!

kaity said...

this sounds tasty! I love beets and feta cheese - never would have thought to combine them.