Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Sayings

Some truths hit you in the face with their honesty.

For some reason, these words didn't have that effect on me.

However, the more I read each word and thought about their meaning as a whole, the more I discovered the truth behind them.

Maybe I didn't want to acknowledge such a simple truth as this.

After all, I was raised in a world full of stuff.

A world full of clever advertising telling me I need all this stuff in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I love stuff. Stuff can be fun.

But stuff- all the things that are "mine"- are not responsibe for my happiness.

All my wants own me. All these things own me.

So, the more I read these words, the more I fell in love with their honesty.

This doesn't mean I no longer love stuff, or want things (just check out my pinterest boards).

But, for just a second I see all this "crap" a little differently.


Second over...
Back to pinning on pinterest.


Photo taken from this lovely blog found here
Pin It!

No comments: