Saturday, October 22, 2011

Should We Decide Not to Elope...

...Then we would like to get hitched someplace outdoors,
under a tree,
with the breeze in our hair,
as the sun kisses our cheeks.

I can't think of anything more romantic than an outdoor wedding ceremony.

No matter what happens, our wedding ceremony and reception will be simple.  Nothing too over-the-top.  Nothing tacky and overly expensive.

I don't see those things when I think of my wedding day.

We love the country- the outdoors.  We want a wedding incorporated within nature.

So, after thorough browsing through Pinterest and Tumblr, these are a few examples of my ideal wedding ceremony.

This is pretty much what I think of when I think of our wedding.  Maybe substitue chairs for hay bales, and throw in some mason jar flower arrangments, but I am in love with the simplicity of this ceremony spot.

Ceremony nestled among the Redwoods.  This would be lovely.
Lovely wedding ideas found here

Loving the lace fabric covering the bales.  Also love that they are fitted and tied.

Since we'll have a small wedding, this would be possible.  Gorgeous.

I'm kinda in love with this, especially if the reception took place in the barn that's in the background.  The only thing that may make this better is if the barn were red.
Find this idea here

Not really a fan of the concrete, but beautiful nonetheless.  Probably a vineyard wedding, something I also love- unfortunately, most nice vineyards come with a large price tag (at least in Napa/Sonoma, etc.)

This great wedding found on this amazing blog



Gorgeous.







Baby's breath.  Lovely.  And last time I checked baby's breath didn't cost an arm and a leg.  Even better.
Amazing Wedding Planning site here

Draped fabric. So dreamy.


As you can see, big trees and hay bales are involved.

I have fallen in love with the idea of bales of hay used as benches.  Cover them with some pretty cloth or blankets, and you have the perfect seating area.

A big tree is essential.  The tree is everything.


(Tracing all these photos back to their original source was impossible.  None of these photos were taken by me.)
Pin It!

1 comment:

Tania said...

outdoor weddings are way prettier than over the top fancy indoor ones! you should check out (if you haven't already) greenweedingshoes.com they have the loveliest weddings.