Monday, October 31, 2011

Greek Salad

The other night I made Greek Salad to accompany the other Greek inspired dishes that were prepared for my soon to be Mother-in-laws Birthday.

I love salads, but usually when I make my own I end up hating them.

That was not the case here, thank goodness. 

I loved this salad and plan on making it again in the near future (which means today).

What you need:

3 large plum tomatoes, seeded, and chopped
2 cucumbers, coarsely chopped (some peel and seed the cucumber.  I did not)
1 Green bell pepper, seeded, and coarsely chopped
1 red onion, peeled, and chopped
Approx. 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped (optional)
6 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh garlic(or more), chopped 
2 teaspoon red wine vinegar (I always add extra)
1 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (or, if your like me, more)

First, chop all the vegetables and toss together in a large bowl.  In a separate bowl, whisk together all the salad dressing ingredients.  Taste before serving and add additional salt, red wine vinegar, or lemon juice as you see necessary (I like extra red wine vinegar).  Mix salad and dressing thoroughly.  Add the feta cheese last, tossing lightly.

Inspired by this recipe

Pin It!

5 comments:

Megan said...

i loooooveee Greek Salads.

lisa said...

OK Jess that looks amazing!!!! Another recipe for my book. I want some right now!!!

Libby said...

my favorite kind of salad! And that's crazy that you grew up in Agoura! Where are you now? I grew up in Thousand Oaks and my fiance and I just recently moved to Moorpark!

Theano said...

Hey Bailey!!! I live in Greece and I'm very happy you love the Greek salad!!
Although that's not the traditional recipe of the Greek salad it's very nice and delicious!(I'm new to your blog and I'd like to congratulate you for the amazing work! I love it!!)
Keep up the good stuff!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I realize this is sort of off-topic but I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established website such as yours require a large amount of work?
I am completely new to operating a blog but I do write
in my diary on a daily basis. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!
Take a look at my website : clear acne overnight