Thursday, October 27, 2011

Everyone, Meet Mikey...

...also known as, Conquistador.

Mikey is a 16.1 hand, Hanovarian Warmblood.

He is ginormous- not just in height, but also in width.

I will be riding him from now on because I decided that 10 years off a horse is 10 years too long.

I fell in love with horses when I was a little girl and started riding regularly in 5th grade.  When I went to boarding school my Sophomore year of high school I had to give it up, or go to a different school.  Nearly a decade has passed and I have missed having horses in my life.  I have missed the smell of horse poop.

Horses are a passion that will be with me for the rest of my life.

So, I decided to start riding again.

I have quite a bit of training ahead of me- certain muscles aren't loving that they haven't been used for so many years.

But, i'm back in the saddle.  For now, that's all that really matters.








He loves his food.  But, who doesn't?

Pin It!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

he's gorgeous! Can't wait to hear about your adventures with him :)

Lauren said...

Mikey is beautiful! I grew up riding horses as well.. I owned a total of four horses, but unfortunately college and work demanded most of my attention. Along with cheerleading, which consumed most of my after hours. However, I've been missing riding more than anything. I often times go with my aunt and ride, but it's not the same. I miss having my own companion.. So I think I will either look for a place to board a horse or take up lessons somewhere, just to be able to ride again.

Again, Mikey is just precious. Warmbloods are such beautiful, powerful creatures!

xoxo